Decisions focused on wildfire and prevention just had new Committee established by Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon (D-Lakewood). Asm. Rendon appointed the following members of the Assembly to serve on the conference committee on Senate Bill 901 to address wildfire preparedness and response:
Assemblymember Chris Holden (D-Pasadena), Co-Chair
Assemblymember Brian Dahle (R-Bieber)
Assemblymember Chad Mayes (R-Yucca Valley)
Assemblymember Eloise Gómez Reyes (D-San Bernardino)
Assemblymember Jim Wood (D-Healdsburg)
This is a conference committee, so it also includes Senators: Hueso, Dodd, Jackson, Stone, and Bates.
FYI, SB 901 (Dodd) will be referred to this new committee as a vehicle to address the issues below, as related to the utilities.
• Strengthen fire prevention activities such as vegetation removal, infrastructure maintenance, utility company inspections and temporary shut off of power during extreme weather;
• Continue to ensure that those who cause wildfires are held accountable for damages associated with them;
• Appropriately determine responsibility for a wildfire;
• Ensure fair allocation of wildfire prevention and response costs in a manner that protects ratepayers; and
• Require utilities to annually submit to the state more expansive and detailed wildfire and emergency preparedness plans.