FHBP’s 20th ANNIVERSARY EVENT
Saturday, October 14th
5:30 – 8:30 PM
Peter and Mary Muth Interpretive Center (Upper Newport Bay) (2301 University Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92660)
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Friends of Harbors, Beaches and Parks. We invite you to our anniversary celebration.
Here is a brief outline of what to expect at this event:
- Photographs with several rehabilitated wild animals;
- Delicious hors d’oeuvres and drinks while overlooking Upper Newport Bay;
- Bidding opportunities on our creative silent auction items;
- Great conversations and reunions with old and new friends; and,
- A memorable evening with supporters and partners.
We’ve scheduled the Nature of Wildworks to join us. They will bring their wildlife ambassadors so you can be photographed with them. You won’t want to miss this! Stay tuned for additional fun activities!
View the Event Invitation.
Each ticket includes one complimentary alcoholic beverage (must be 21 years or older) and access to all the activities described above. Additional alcoholic beverages may be purchased at our no-host bar for $6 per drink. Water, sodas, and coffee will be available throughout the evening at no charge. On the food front, vegetarian and limited vegan options will be available.
We encourage you to get your tickets in advance with the discounted price, we may need to close registration early if we reach our capacity. If that is the case, we may not have same day registration options available. No refunds will be given, but tickets are transferable.
- Tickets purchased on or before Saturday, September 30, 2017 are $40 per person.
- Tickets purchased after Saturday, September 30, 2017 are $50 per person.
- CREDIT CARD: Tickets purchased online/by mail with a credit card will have the transaction fees added to bring each ticket price to roughly $53.
- CHECK: Tickets purchased by using a check are $50 per person after September 30.
- ONLINE: Go to our EventBrite page.
- BY MAIL: Mail the name of each attendee and a contact email address (for confirmation), and payment made payable to: FHBP, P.O. Box 9256, Newport Beach, CA 92658.
Can’t make the event, but still want to support FHBP? Please consider a donation.
SILENT AUCTION DONATIONS
FHBP is in search of community support for the event. Specifically, we are looking for items to include in our Silent Auction. We believe organizations, businesses, and agencies in Orange County can easily support this event, because the same residents and tourists that benefit from our conservation work also enjoy your business and/or services! We hope to have a wide array of items to offer our attendees in the Silent Auction, including, but not limited to: outdoor gear, gift certificates, special tours, artwork, event tickets, jewelry, gift baskets, trips/rentals, collectibles, and more.
Download the Silent Auction Donation Form and send it in by Saturday, September 30, 2017.
Questions about the Silent Auction should be directed to Tina Thompson, FHBP Board member. She can be reached by phone at: (714) 532-2933.
FHBP has organized a wonderful line up of speakers to celebrate our 20th Anniversary.
Joining us at the podium will be:
– Senator Pat Bates
– Stacy Blackwood (OC Parks, Director)
– Kia Mortazavi (OCTA, Executive Director of the Planning Division)
– Dr. Elisabeth Brown (Laguna Greenbelt, President)
– Scott Thomas (Sea & Sage Audubon, Vice Co-Chair of the Conservation Committee)
Our program runs from 6 – 6:30 during the event–don’t be late!
Please feel free to contact Melanie Schlotterbeck at 714-779-7561 if you have any questions about the event or registration.