On May 8, 2012 Friends of Harbors, Beaches and Parks hosted a creative workshop focused on the connections between infill development and protecting open space. View the agenda. (140 KB PDF)
Below is information on the sessions, handouts, and materials.
Speaker Presentations and Handouts:
- Jeremy Madsen’s Keynote Presentation (9.2 MB PDF)
- Stephen Riley’s Panel Presentation (1.3 MB PDF)
- Norm Grossman’s Panel Presentation (372 KB PDF)
- Jeremy Madsen’s Panel Presentation (1.2 MB PDF)
- Speaker Biographies (106 KB PDF)
Each participant attended a scenario (outlined below) and used the “Deck of Cards” to come up with potential solutions/outcomes.
- Scenario #1 – 200 acres outside the City’s Sphere of Influence (344 KB PDF)
- Scenario #2 – Main Street Specific Plan (233 KB PDF)
- Scenario #3 – 500 acres with significant resource lands (81 KB PDF)
- Deck of Cards (7.6 MB PDF)