The California Coastal Commission maybe aiming for streamlined solutions to mitigate sea level rise across multiple agencies. In May, the Commission worked to adopt six non-regulatory principles of sea level rise. The anticipated rise 3.5 feet by 2050 and 7 feet by 2100. The principles are:
1. Develop and utilize best available science;
2. Build coastal resilience partnerships;
3. Improve coastal resilience communications;
4. Support local leadership and address local conditions;
5. Strengthen alignment around coastal resilience; and,
6. Implement and learn from coastal resilience projects.
View the article in the Log.